October | Lookbook
All words and photography © Nina Nixon
October was a good month and we achieved so much.
Not all was captured on lens, but apart from the mist, which is a bugger to portray on film - unless you're above the clouds or can see it visible lifting, swirling around your feet then I always struggle. But rest assured there was mist and we found ourselves 'out and about' in it quite a lot in October. The frizz in my hair is testament to that.
Here's what we achieved ::
• We foraged for nuts.
• Took misty walks and chased the light.
• Went to a bonfire celebration and made many campfires.
• Made a wreath from forage foliage.
• Scrunched leaves and walked in the woods.
• Preserved nature and collected conkers.
• Toasted marshmallows and carved pumpkins.
Soup was neglected off this list but 'blimey' what a warm and balmy October it was. And chestnuts 'alas' were not to be found. I haven't located the best foraging spots...yet.
Not bad though for a month filled with an uncertain future, organising, planing, putting in place and packing!
Here's to October. You did us proud.